Assistant / Knowledge Solutions – 9 months (CDD)
ICC is looking for a motivated Assistant with a desire to gain exposure to various portfolios, working specifically as part of the Central Coordination and Delivery team in the Knowledge Solutions Department.
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is looking for a motivated Assistant with a desire to gain exposure to various portfolios, working specifically as part of the Central Coordination and Delivery team in the Knowledge Solutions Department.
ICC is the world’s largest business organisation with a network reaching 45 million members in more than 100 countries. We work to promote international trade, responsible business conduct and a global approach to regulation through a unique mix of advocacy and standard setting activities-together with market-leading dispute resolution services.
The Knowledge Solutions Department is responsible for ICC’s policy work and is composed of five Knowledge Hubs. Each Hub has its own biennium Work Programme and conducts innovative and cutting-edge policy-oriented advocacy providing substantive input into key international processes on issues that affect companies’ ability to trade and invest across borders. It also includes the development by ICC of voluntary guidelines, codes and rules to facilitate international trade and promote responsible business practices.
Main responsibilities include:
- Providing transversal administrative and organizational support to the projects of the different Knowledge Hubs within the department
- Proof-reading and revising texts, formatting and submitting documents for dissemination, preparing meeting summaries, letters, brifing notes and talking points
- Consolidating comments on working documents and disseminating direct communications to members
- Undertaking background research on selected project-specific topics.
- Following pending issues and tracking deadlines
- Updating existing large membership distribution lists and maintaining the CRM database. Collecting accurate reports and analytics
- Maintaining and updating intranet, extranet portals as well as pages of the ICC website to meet the teams’ business requirements
- Handling business travel arrangements; completing expense and reimbursement reports.
- Organizing large scale meetings with international participation, including registering participants, negotiations and liaison for the meeting venue, hotel, official lunches and receptions, reservation of conference rooms and necessary equipment
- Supporting and following up projects including through managing relations with national committees and members wolrdwide, organizing teleconferences and other administrative tasks
- Coordinating with other ICC departments on policy-related events, product releases, and related work
- Handling regular communication with senior business executives, greeting visitors.
- Responding to queries from the public
- Carrying out other duties as required, which may include invoicing, budgeting, following up on fund-raising, sponsorship and membership recruitment
Autonomy and level of responsibility:
- Capacity to take responsibility to follow through on projects, be comfortable working with the different teams within the department and under the supervision of the Office Manager
- Judgment to seek guidance and direction as appropriate and needed
Education and Skills:
- Higher level university education
- Native-like English skills and a good working level of French – the working language is English
- Full proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint)
- Meticulous and consistent attention to detail
- Ability to manage a fast-paced working environment, with diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Intellectually curious and committed to continuous learning
- Strong organizational skills and priority driven
- Autonomous, capable of taking initiative and using common sense
- Team-player, with a positive service attitude, mindset; service and result oriented
Terms and conditions
Authorization to work in France is required (work permit,…)
This position is for a fixed-term contract (9 months).
Location: The position is located in Paris, France.
Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply
Applications, consisting of a full CV and a cover letter should be submitted electronically to the selection committee at: Policy_applications@iccwbo.org