Internship Opportunity, ICC Legal Services Department
The ICC Legal Services department based in Paris is currently recruiting a Trainee for a 6 months Traineeship starting on 3 January 2022.
Tasks entrusted to the Trainee include:
– assisting in conducting compliance-related search and analysis based on publicly available international economic sanctions lists;
– reviewing, analyzing and commenting on legal documents in English and French;
– conducting comparative analyses of laws and policies;
– conducting research in public international law, commercial and contract laws;
– translating legal documents;
– performing ad hoc assignments as requested by the ICC Legal Services department.
The above functions should be performed at a level of complexity commensurate with the Trainee’s level of experience.
Consistent with business needs, the Trainee is expected to work with an as broad as possible range of internal and external counterparts.
Applicants should have strong academic credentials and prior professional experience in a legal and/or compliance department.
Fluency in English and French is essential.
Knowledge of other languages, especially Russian, Arabic or Spanish, may be an advantage.
Candidates will have to be registered as students during the entire Traineeship.
Recent graduates, who are not anymore enrolled in an educational program, are therefore not eligible for a Traineeship at the ICC.
Trainees who are nationals of countries outside the European Union (including Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco and Switzerland) are responsible for obtaining the appropriate visa from the French consulate.
Trainees are also required to handle their own travel/accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay.
The ICC is not in a position to provide scholarships/fellowships.
The Traineeship is a full time program.
The average working week is of 35 hours.
Trainees will receive a monthly gratification of approximatively EUR 500 + meal vouchers + partial compensation for public transportation costs.