Traineeship with the ICC Legal Services Department
The ICC Legal Services department based in Paris is currently recruiting a Trainee for a 6 month Traineeship starting on 4 July 2022.
As the institutional representative of over 45 million businesses in more than 100 countries, the International Chamber of Commerce operates with a core mission to “make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere”.
We act as the primary voice of the real economy in a range of intergovernmental organisations – from the World Trade Organisation to the UN climate process – championing the needs of local business in global decision making.
The convening power of our global network enables us to set rules and standards that facilitate over $10 trillion dollars in trade each year – as well as providing tailored products and digital services that directly address the real challenges faced by businesses operating internationally.
We also provide the world’s premier private global dispute resolution services, leveraging ICC’s unique independence, integrity and expertise.
The ICC Legal Services department based in Paris is currently recruiting a Trainee for a 6 month Traineeship starting on October 1st 2022.
Tasks entrusted to the Trainee include:
- Assisting in conducting compliance-related search and analysis based on publicly available international economic sanctions lists;
- Reviewing, analyzing and commenting on legal documents in English and French;
- Conducting comparative analyses of laws and policies;
- Conducting research in public international law, commercial and contract laws;
- Translating legal documents;
- Performing ad hoc assignments as requested by the ICC Legal Services department.
- The above functions should be performed at a level of complexity commensurate with the Trainee’s level of experience.
- Consistent with business needs, the Trainee is expected to work with an as broad as possible range of internal and external counterparts.
- Applicants should have strong academic credentials and prior professional experience in a legal and/or compliance department.
- Fluency in English and French is essential.
- Knowledge of other languages, especially Russian, Arabic or Spanish, may be an advantage.
Terms and Conditions
Candidates will have to be registered as students during the entire Traineeship.
Recent graduates, who are not anymore enrolled in an educational program, are therefore not eligible for a Traineeship at the ICC.
Trainees who are nationals of countries outside the European Union (including Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco and Switzerland) are responsible for obtaining the appropriate visa from the French consulate.
Trainees are also required to handle their own travel/accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. The ICC is not in a position to provide scholarships/fellowships.
The Traineeship is a full time program. The average working week is of 35 hours.
Trainees will receive a monthly gratification of approximatively EUR 630 + meal vouchers + partial compensation for public transportation costs.
Applications should be addressed in English and by email only to the Selection Committee (Attn. Ms Christine Maingourd): email@example.com .
Applications should include:
- a short CV (one page max. focusing on the experience relevant to this Traineeship) and specifying the educational program in which the applicant is currently involved (with the expected graduation date)
- a cover letter (no model provided), describing the legal and/or compliance-related educational and professional experience
- an academic English writing sample (e.g. paper submitted during University studies)
Closing date for applications: 15th August 2022
At ICC, we make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere. And when we say “everyone”, we mean it. We celebrate the diversity of our people and strive to inspire acceptance, cultivate a culture where difference matters, inclusion is essential, and equality of opportunity is for everyone.