Trade and Investment Knowledge Hub Internship
ICC is seeking a full-time intern/stagiaire to support the work of the ICC Trade and Investment Knowledge Hub.
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is seeking a full-time intern/stagiaire to support the work of the ICC Trade and Investment Knowledge Hub, as of 11 January 2021 for a period of 3-6 months.
Please note that all candidates must be enrolled in an academic institution and must provide a “convention de stage.” Also, non-EU residents are required to have valid papers (long-stay student visa and/or carte de séjour).
The intern will support various ICC Commissions (Commissions on Commercial Law & Practice, Customs & Trade Facilitation, Competition, Marketing, Trade and Taxation) in the development, preparation and communication of new and current policy projects and activities. The intern will work on both administrative (logistics) and substantive (research, drafting) tasks.
- Supporting ICC’s policy advocacy,
- Researching background themes and new items,
- Drafting meeting minutes and substantive summaries for member distribution,
- Helping coordinate the ICC Working Group on Trade and MSMEs,
- Assisting in liaison work with other international organisations such as WTO or the OECD,
- Assisting in the planning and logistics of Commission meetings.
- Have a university degree or equivalent, with a focus in economics, law, international relations or another relevant field;
- Be an English speaker with excellent writing, analytical and organisational skills;
- Be meticulous in carrying out required duties;
- Have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint);
- Have strong interest in the fields of customs, law, taxation and trade (previous experience would be an advantage).
- Be a team player who is interested in working with a dynamic and diverse team while gaining experience in an international policy environment;
- Have outstanding communications and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to work autonomously and with little supervision.
Terms and conditions:
- Location: the position Is located in Paris
- Start date: 11 January 2021
- Department: Trade and Investment Knowledge Hub
- Remuneration: 630 euros gross per month
How to apply:
If you are interested and fulfil the above requirements, please send your cover letter and curriculum vitae (in English) to Marie-Salome Desbats (Marie-Salome.DESBATS@iccwbo.org>) and Noémie Belkacemi (email@example.com).
Closing date for applications: 4 December 2020.
- Internships are full-time. The average working week is 35 hours.
- A convention de stage established between ICC and the intern’s university or institute of origin is compulsory (French Act n° 2006-396 of 31 March 2006). An application without a memorandum of agreement (“convention de stage”) will not be considered.
- The intern must have an appropriate insurance valid in France for any damage caused to a third party (third party liability insurance: “assurance responsabilité civile”) and a social insurance (illness, work accident…)
- Nationals from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland are required to get an appropriate visa from the French consulate.
- The intern will receive a monthly gratification of about EUR 630 gross per month + meal vouchers + partial compensation (70%) of public transport costs.
More information on the work of the Commission on :
Learn more about the work of the Trade and Investment Knowledge Hub.