Trade and Investment Knowledge Hub Internship
ICC is seeking a full-time intern/stagiaire to support the work of the ICC Trade and Investment Knowledge Hub.
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is seeking a full-time intern/stagiaire to support the work of the ICC Trade and Investment Knowledge Hub, as of 2 August 2021 for a period of 3-6 months.
Please note that all candidates must be enrolled in an academic institution and must provide a “convention de stage.” Also, non-EU residents are required to have valid papers (long-stay student visa and/or carte de séjour) allowing them to work in France.
The intern will support various ICC Commissions (Commissions on Commercial Law & Practice; Competition; Customs & Trade Facilitation; Marketing; Trade & Investment; and Taxation) in the development, preparation and communication of new and current policy projects and activities. The intern will work on both administrative (logistics) and substantive (research, drafting) tasks.
- Supporting ICC’s policy advocacy,
- Researching background themes and new items,
- Drafting meeting minutes and substantive summaries for member distribution,
- Assisting in liaison work with other international organisations such as the WTO or the OECD,
- Assisting in the planning and logistics of Commission meetings,
- Liaising with business members and representatives of ICC national committees across ICC’s global network.
- Have a university degree or equivalent, with a focus in economics, law, international relations or another relevant field;
- Be a fluent English speaker with excellent writing, analytical and organisational skills;
- Be meticulous in carrying out required duties;
- Have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint);
- Have strong interest in the fields of customs, law, taxation and trade (previous experience would be an advantage).
- Be a team player who is interested in working with a dynamic and diverse team while gaining experience in an international policy environment;
- Have outstanding communications and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to work autonomously and with little supervision.
Terms and conditions:
- Location: the position Is located in Paris
- Start date: 2 August 2021
- Department: Knowledge Solutions Department, Trade + Investment Knowledge Hub
- Remuneration: 630 euros gross per month
How to apply:
Closing date for applications: 25 June 2021.
- Internships are full-time. The average working week is 35 hours.
- A convention de stage established between ICC and the intern’s university or institute of origin is compulsory (French Act n° 2006-396 of 31 March 2006). An application without a memorandum of agreement (“convention de stage”) will not be considered.
- The intern must have appropriate insurance valid in France for any damage caused to a third party (third party liability insurance: “assurance responsabilité civile”) and a social insurance (illness, work accident…)
- Nationals from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland are required to get an appropriate visa from the French consulate.
- The intern will receive a monthly stipend of about EUR 630 gross per month + meal vouchers + partial compensation (70%) of public transport costs.
More information on the work of the Commissions in the Trade and Investment Knowledge Hub are available on:
- Commercial Law and Practice
- Customs and Trade Facilitation
- Trade & Investment
Learn more about the work of the Trade and Investment Knowledge Hub.