Internship – Project coordination, World Chambers Federation (Paris)
WCF department is currently seeking an intern in project coordination
Place: Paris, France
Organisation: International Chamber of Commerce
Department: World Chambers Federation – Global Partnerships and Development
Starting date: 9 January 2023
The ICC World Chambers Federation is seeking an intern with a convention de stage (for all non-EU residents, valid papers: long-stay student visa and/or carte de séjour) to participate in our closely knit team, starting from 9 January to 7 July 2023 (full time).
Applications without a ‘convention de stage’ and who are not available full time will not be considered.
- Contribute to the development and support of the department’s trade activities, including:
- Expansion and promotion of the ICC CO Accreditation Chain to chambers of commerce across the world as well as the ICC CO verification website to all Customs administrations;
- Marketing and promotion of “ICC Genesis”, the new trade service to chambers of commerce developed by ICC;
- Support coordination for capacity building with organizations involved in origin area with chambers of commerce (ITC, CPCCAF for example)
- Support the organization and coordination of the International CO Council meeting and its technical meetings in June 2023 in Geneva
- Contribute to the expansion, promotion and daily technical support of the department’s online marketing activities, including:
- Expansion and promotion of “Chambers Connect”, the new digital community platform for chambers of commerce’s staff members across the world (experience in community management is highly appreciated);
- Assist and work on developing strategies to recruit, engage and retain members on the platform;
- Prepare newsletters and other specific member news campaigns;
- Track and measure success of content efforts via reporting on analytics tools;
- Manage and update CRM data in coordination with CRM Team.
- Support, as needed, the organization and coordination of WCF meetings.
Note that the intern can be asked, depending on the department’s needs, to support cross-cutting projects within the WCF department.
- The ideal candidate will be a fluent English speaker with strong writing and organizational skills, who is meticulous in carrying out the required duties. English is the working language, but French as well as other languages are highly recommended.
- Candidates must have solid time management skills, excellent communication skills (written and oral), and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Comfortable with responsibility, motivated and strong IT and social media skills are necessary to perform successfully in this position. The intern’s experience will also include both administrative and substantive tasks. He/she should be a team player who is highly interested in gaining experience in an international environment with a dynamic globally focused team.
- Internships are remunerated according to French law. Internships are full-time. The average working week is 35 hours.
- A convention de stage established between ICC and the intern’s university or institute of origin is compulsory (French Act n° 2006-396 of 31 March 2006). An application without a memorandum of agreement (“convention de stage”) will not be considered.
- The intern must have an appropriate insurance valid in France for any damage caused to a third party (third party liability insurance: “assurance responsabilité civile”) and a social insurance (illness, work accident…)
- Nationals from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland are required to get an appropriate visa from the French consulate
If you are interested, please send an application letter including your curriculum vitae to Julie Sonladuangchanh at email@example.com by 16 December 2022.
About the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC):
ICC is the world’s largest business organization representing more than 45 million companies in over 100 countries. ICC’s core mission is to make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere. Through a unique mix of advocacy, solutions, and standard-setting, we promote international trade, responsible business conduct and a global approach to regulation, in addition to providing market-leading dispute resolution services. Our members include many of the world’s leading companies, SMEs, business associations and local chambers of commerce.
ICC is one of the leading voices of global business on the international stage. In 2017, ICC became the first private sector organization to be granted Observer Status at the United Nations General Assembly and has major roles in other intergovernmental forums and processes.
About the ICC World Chambers Federation (ICC WCF):
The World Chambers Federation is ICC’s unique and truly global forum uniting the global network of chambers and their respective business communities. It is a non-political, non-governmental body, and is the backbone of the chamber community providing a platform for chamber leaders to communicate and collaborate with each other on matters of mutual interest and facilitating beneficial partnerships.