The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is the institutional representative of more than 45 million companies in over 100 countries. ICC’s core mission is to make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere. Through a unique mix of advocacy, solutions and standard setting, we promote international trade, responsible business conduct and a global approach to regulation, in addition to providing market-leading dispute resolution services. Our members include many of the world’s leading companies, SMEs, business associations and local chambers of commerce.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Supporting policy advocacy
- Monitoring policy developments
- Preparing background documents
- Drafting minutes and substantive meeting summaries
- Assisting with event planning, logistics and communications, including social media activities
- Assisting the team in their day-to-day administrative and substantive work
- Assisting with ad hoc projects
The intern will support the work of the Inclusive and Green Growth Knowledge Hub, which includes the ICC Commission on Environment and Energy and the ICC Commission on Corporate Responsibility and Anti-Corruption. ICC is the only private sector organisation to have UN Observer Status and acts as the UNFCCC Focal Point for Business and Industry. This internship is a particularly excellent opportunity for anyone interested in business engagement at COP26.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Director, Deputy Director and Knowledge Managers of the Inclusive and Green Growth Knowledge Hub to develop, prepare, implement and communicate on new and current projects and activities across the areas of climate change; biodiversity; sustainable finance; the UN Sustainable Development Goals; integrity; responsible business conduct; inclusion and diversity; and anti-corruption.
- Be currently enrolled in a master programme (or equivalent) in political science, law, international relations, international management or related disciplines, and will continue to be enrolled during the period of the internship
- Be a native or fluent English speaker with excellent writing, analytical and organisational skills
- Have a passion for sustainability and the role that business can play to advance the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Be a team player with a mature mindset and an ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Be self-motivated to be diligent, meticulous and timely in carrying out the required duties
- Have competent time-management and organizational skills, experience in managing competing priorities
- Have outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- Be interested in gaining experience in an international policy environment within a hard-working and dynamic team
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and skills and comfort working with website back office updates, basic email newsletters and social media
- Have a good knowledge of the UN system and prior logistics/event planning/communications experience desirable
Desired qualifications and skills:
- The ICC working language is English. However, proficiency in French and/or any other language is an asset.
Terms and conditions:
- Internships are remunerated according to French law. Internships are full-time. The average working week is 35 hours.
- A convention de stage established between ICC and the intern’s university or institute of origin is compulsory (French Act n° 2006-396 of 31 March 2006). An application without a memorandum of agreement (“convention de stage”) will not be considered. Also, non-EU residents are required to have valid legal documents (long-stay student visa and/or carte de séjour).
- The intern must have an appropriate insurance valid in France for any damage caused to a third party (third party liability insurance: “assurance responsabilité civile”) and a social insurance (illness, work accident…)
- Nationals from outside the EU or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland are required to get an appropriate visa from the French consulate.
- Department: Knowledge Solutions
- Location: ICC International Headquarters – Paris, France
- Duration: 3-6 months
- How to apply: Interested candidates should send their CV, cover letter and contact details for two references to Sandra Hanni at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis until the position is filled.