Internships with the ICC Arbitration and ADR Promotion department
Two Internships with the ICC Arbitration and ADR Promotion department for the organisation of the 2018 ICC International Commercial Mediation Competition.
Date: 1 September 2017 – 28 February 2018
The interns will be based at ICC’s headquarters in Paris, France
ICC is one of the leading international institutions for the resolution of commercial disputes. The ICC organises an annual International Commercial Mediation Competition (“Competition”) which gives students from all around the world the possibility to test their problem-solving skills. The Competition is the biggest moot worldwide which is entirely dedicated to international commercial mediation. In 2018, 66 university teams and 120 professional mediators will participate (overall about 500 participants).
As part of the Arbitration and ADR Promotion department and under the supervision of the Project Manager, the interns’ main tasks will be to assist with the organisation and management of the 13th ICC Mediation Competition which will take place from 2 to 7 February 2018 in Paris. Tasks will include: handling online registrations, replying to information requests from participants, preparing the event schedule, formatting of documents, dealing with accounting issues, preparing meetings and trainings, processing general administrative duties, preparing and planning of all logistical aspects of the event and mailings to participants. The interns will not work on case management.
What we are looking for
- proven experience in organising large-scale events
- ability to work under high pressure
- very good management of priorities
- initiative and problem solving skills
- very good communication (both verbal and written) skills
- customer service skills
- ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- demonstrated attention to details
- enthusiasm for and knowledge of mediation and other forms of ADR
- native English speaker or equivalent and very good French (any other language is a plus)
- advanced computer skills including MS Office
- Communications studies and Social Media skills are a plus
- participation in the organisation of ICC’s biggest educational event
- involvement in the biggest competition worldwide entirely devoted to international commercial mediation
- an internship in a global organization and a truly international environment
- a hands on experience in a complex large scale project, with real learning opportunities
- direct contact with the leading professionals in ADR
- direct contact with representatives of companies, law firms, consultancy firms and law– and business school leading in the field of ADR
- opportunity to meet and socialize with other interns from all around the world and to participate in a special internship program
- possibility to gain insight into the work of the Centre, the International Court of Arbitration and other ICC departments.
The candidate needs to still be registered as a student during the time of the internship. Recent graduates who are not anymore enrolled in an educational program are therefore not eligible for an internship with ICC.
Nationals from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland should get an appropriate visa from the French consulate. Interns are also required to handle their own travel/accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. The ICC is not in a position to provide scholarships/fellowships.
The Internship Programs are full-time and the average working week is 35 hours. The Interns will receive a monthly gratification of about 500 EUR + meal vouchers + partial compensation of public transport costs.
Please send your application including your CV, a cover letter as well as the names of at least two referees on or before 9 July 2017 to Claudia Pansa at firstname.lastname@example.org and Sara Debenedetti at email@example.com