Internship – Presidency of the ICC International Court of Arbitration (New York)
SICANA, Inc. is currently looking for an intern to assist the President of the ICC International Court of Arbitration.
As the institutional representative of over 45 million businesses in more than 100 countries, the International Chamber of Commerce operates with a core mission to “make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere”.
We act as the primary voice of the real economy in a range of intergovernmental organisations – from the World Trade Organisation to the UN climate process – championing the needs of local business in global decision making.
The convening power of our global network enables us to set rules and standards that facilitate over $10 trillion dollars in trade each year – as well as providing tailored products and digital services that directly address the real challenges faced by businesses operating internationally.
SICANA, Inc. provides market-leading ICC arbitration and other ICC dispute resolution services in North America. The New York City office handles both the administration of arbitration cases and the promotion of ICC dispute resolution services in the United States and Canada.
SICANA, Inc. is currently looking for an intern to assist the President of the ICC International Court of Arbitration. The internship is based in New York, NY (U.S.A) and is for a period of six months starting mid-May.
- Legal research
- Preparation of documents for presentations, conferences, seminars
- Translation of legal documents
- Ad hoc assignments as requested by the President of the Court
- Preference will be given to students in international commercial law arbitration with strong academic credentials and prior work experience.
- Fluent English is a requirement.
- Starting mid-may for a duration of 6 months
- Internships are strictly full-time (Monday to Friday, during normal business hours)
- Non-U.S. candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for the duration of the internship.
- SICANA, Inc. cannot grant scholarships.
- Stipends are available based on eligibility to work in the U.S
- Interns are responsible for arranging their travel and/or accommodation as well as the required medical insurance coverage for the duration of the internship.
Terms and conditions
This recruitment process will be on a rolling basis and will depend on the needs of the team.
Candidates should send the following information to email@example.com:
- One-page cover letter, describing experience relevant to the internship; and
- CV (maximum of two pages).
The subject line of the email should indicate “SICANA President Court Internship”. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
SICANA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and as such, prohibits discriminatory employment actions and treatment of employees and applicants for employment based on race, colour, religion, creed, gender, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. The foregoing should not be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
At ICC, we make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere.
And when we say “everyone”, we mean it.
We celebrate the diversity of our people and strive to inspire acceptance, cultivate a culture where difference matters, inclusion is essential and equality of opportunity is for everyone