Based in New York City, these internships are available for the following periods:
|May – August 2020||15 March 2020|
|September – December 2020||15 July 2020|
- reading, commenting on and drafting documents related to current arbitration cases
- doing research for the preparation of work documents, conferences, presentations and publications
- assisting with tasks related to educational events and conferences
- A background in international commercial arbitration law is required
- For students (e. J.D. candidates or LL.M. candidates) or those recently admitted to the bar, coursework or prior practice in international commercial arbitration is preferred
- Internships are strictly full-time (Monday to Friday, during normal business hours)
- Non-U.S. candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for the duration of the internship
- SICANA, Inc. cannot grant scholarships
- Internships are unremunerated and interns are responsible for arranging their travel and/or accommodation
Candidates should send the following information via email:
- CV (maximum of two pages) focusing on experience relevant to the internship; and
- a cover letter, describing in detail the arbitration/mediation classes taken and professional experience in relation to arbitration/mediation.
The subject line of the email should indicate “SICANA internship” and the internship period for which the application is being submitted.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
SICANA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and as such, prohibits discriminatory actions and treatment of applicants that are based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition, carrier status, political affiliation or belief. Decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. The foregoing should not be construed as an offer or guarantee of an internship.
If chosen for an internship, you must be able to provide us with the necessary documents that substantiate your ability to hold a paid – or unpaid Internship – in the US. Additionally, you must ensure that you have the necessary personal health insurance and third-party liability insurance (if you plan on driving a privately-owned vehicle) while an intern at SICANA. No such insurance coverage is offered by SICANA, Inc.