SICANA Inc. (New York): Internship
As a leading international arbitral institution, the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce attracts a growing caseload from all over the world. SICANA Inc., the provider of ICC arbitration and ADR services in North America, is currently accepting intern applications.
The coming available periods for internships in 2017 are:
- 3 January 2018 to 30 April 2018 (deadline for applications 1st December 2017)
- Beginning of May 2018 to the end of August 2018 (deadline for applications 1st March 2018)
The intern will be under the supervision of the North America case management team based in New York City.
Tasks entrusted to intern include:
- reading, commenting on and drafting documents related to current arbitration cases;
- doing research for the preparation of work documents, conferences, presentations and publications; and
- assisting with tasks related to educational events and conferences as necessary.
A student with a strong background in international commercial arbitration law.
The candidate should be a J.D. candidate, LL.M. candidate or admitted to a bar. Coursework or prior practice in international commercial arbitration preferred. All non-U.S. candidates must be eligible to intern throughout the duration of the internship.
Internships in New York City are unremunerated and interns are required to handle and pay for their own travel and accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. Unfortunately scholarships cannot be granted by SICANA.
Full-time internships are preferred.
Applications should be prepared in English and be sent by email only to Marek Krasula, Counsel, at email@example.com. Candidates should specify “SICANA internship” and the period desired in the subject line of their e-mail.
The application should include:
- a short CV (two pages maximum focusing on the experience relevant to the internship); and
- a cover letter (no model provided), describing in detail the arbitration/mediation classes you have taken and your professional experience(s) in relation to arbitration/mediation. Please indicate clearly your availability and which internship period your application is being submitted for.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
SICANA is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions and treatment of employees, interns, and applicants for employment or internships based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status, political affiliation or belief. Employment and internship decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. The foregoing should not be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment or an internship.