Internship Opportunity: ICC Arbitration and ADR Promotion Department
The Department for Arbitration and ADR Promotion is looking for and intern for a period of 6 months, starting from mid-January 2022.
Arbitration and ADR (Alternate Dispute Resolution) Promotion:
The Arbitration and ADR Promotion team promotes the DRS services globally ensuring worldwide visibility. The promotion team coordinates the activities and events organised by the Regional Directors and National Committees, as well as those of ICC YAF (Young Arbitrators’ Forum). The team is also in charge of educational events, such as visits to the ICC Court, specific trainings and seminars, and the organization of student pre-moots and moots.
Tasks and Activities:
Under the supervision of the Senior Promotion Manager, the intern will assist with the promotion of ICC arbitration and ADR activities worldwide.
The intern will have the opportunity to actively contribute to all the activities of the department in the following tasks:
- Help organise trainings, conferences, meetings, competitions, moots and visits, in particular taking care of the logistical aspects:
- preparing participant badges and name plates;
- compiling promotional materials such as rules and reports for distribution during the events;
- welcoming the participants and help at the registration desk for events at the ICC and at external venues if required;
- preparing invoices and payment requests;
- monitoring the online registration system;
- coordinating the catering, room booking and other logistical aspects; and
- Help organise virtual events, visits and meetings via Microsoft Teams Meetings/Live Events or Zoom. Ability to moderate meetings/virtual visits remotely;
- Answer all registration related queries and troubleshoot registration related problems.
- Organise shipments of promotional materials for events outside ICC;
- Proofread texts of event pages before they are sent to the web manager for uploading on the website; following up with the updates/changes
- Reply to general queries arriving to the general mailboxes and help maintain the electronic filing;
- Help with the update of the calendar of ICC DRS activities worldwide;
- Compile statistics on the promotional activities of the department.
A student with interest in arbitration and ADR, and experience in participating and/or organizing events e.g. moots/pre-moots/student competitions is preferred. The intern will work in English and French and should have oral and written skills in both languages. Strong attention to detail and a rigorous attitude to work is necessary.
Strong knowledge of computer tools are mandatory (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams Meeting, Live Event, Internet, Zoom, PDF, registration platforms).
The candidate needs to be registered as a student during the time of the internship. Recent graduates who are not anymore enrolled in an educational program are therefore not eligible for an internship at the ICC. He/she (if national from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland) should get an appropriate visa from a French consulate.
Nationals from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland should get an appropriate visa from the French consulate. Interns are also required to handle their own travel/accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. The ICC is not in a position to provide scholarships/fellowships.
Starting date: 19 June 2022
The 6-month internship programmes are full-time and the average working week is 35 hours.
The intern will receive a monthly gratification of about EUR 630 gross + meal vouchers + partial compensation (70%) of public transport costs.
Applications should be addressed in English only by email addressed to the Selection Committee (Attn: Arbitration Events Team) at firstname.lastname@example.org with reference “ICC DRS Promotion Internship – Jun22” by 18 May 2022.
This should include:
- a short CV (two pages maximum focusing on the experience relevant to the internship) and indicating clearly the status of current studies (with expected graduation date)
- a cover letter (no model provided), showing interest and motivation for this particular internship. Please, indicate clearly your availability.