Internship Opportunity, Global Policy Department
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is seeking a full-time intern to support the work of the Global Policy Department, as of 3 January 2022 for a period of 6 months.
Please note that all candidates must be enrolled in an academic institution and must provide a “convention de stage.” Also, non-EU residents are required to have valid papers (long-stay student visa and/or carte de séjour) allowing them to work in France.
The intern will principally support the Commissions on:
and may be required to lend support on an ad hoc basis to additional Global Policy Commissions.
The intern will work on both administrative (logistics) and substantive (research, drafting etc) tasks.
- Supporting ICC’s policy advocacy
- Researching background themes and new items
- Drafting meeting minutes and substantive summaries for member distribution
- Assisting in liaison work with other international organisations such as the WTO or the OECD
- Assisting in the planning and logistics of Commission meetings
- Liaising with business members and representatives of ICC national committees across ICC’s global network.
- Have a university degree or equivalent, with a focus in economics, customs, international relations or another relevant field
- Be a fluent English speaker with excellent writing, analytical and organisational skills
- Be meticulous in carrying out required duties
- Have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Have strong interest in the fields of banking, customs, taxation and trade (previous experience would be an advantage)
- Be a team player who is interested in working with a dynamic and diverse team while gaining experience in an international policy environment
- Have outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- Be able to work autonomously and with little supervision.
Terms and conditions:
- Location: the position Is located in Paris
- Start date: 3 January 2022
- Department: Global Policy
- Remuneration: 630 euros gross per month
How to apply:
If you are interested and fulfil the above requirements, please send your cover letter and curriculum vitae (in English) to Whitney Jolivet.
Closing date for applications: 5 December 2021.
- Internships are full-time. The average working week is 35 hours.
- A convention de stage established between ICC and the intern’s university or institute of origin is compulsory (French Act n° 2006-396 of 31 March 2006). An application without a memorandum of agreement (“convention de stage”) will not be considered.
- The intern must have appropriate insurance valid in France for any damage caused to a third party (third party liability insurance: “assurance responsabilité civile”) and a social insurance (illness, work accident…)
- Nationals from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland are required to get an appropriate visa from the French consulate.
- The intern will receive a monthly stipend of about EUR 630 gross per month + meal vouchers + partial compensation (70%) of public transport costs.