Internship – New York case management team (New York)
We are currently seeking an intern for the case management team based in New York, NY (U.S.A). The internship is for a period of three months starting on August and ending on October 2023.
As a leading international arbitral institution, the International Court of Arbitration® of the International Chamber of Commerce® attracts a growing caseload from all over the world. The cases are administered by specialised teams with knowledge and experience of the major legal and cultural traditions. Each team is headed by a Counsel and assisted by two or three Deputy Counsel, and two or three assistants as well as Legal Interns working with us while acquiring valuable experience in the arbitration field.
We are currently seeking an intern for the case management team based in New York, NY (U.S.A). The internship is for a period of three months starting in August and ending in October 2023.
- Reading, commenting on, and drafting documents related to current arbitration cases.
- Doing research for the preparation of work documents, conferences, presentations, and publications
- Assisting with tasks related to educational events and conferences.
- A background in international commercial arbitration law is required.
- For students (e. J.D. candidates or LL.M. candidates) or those recently admitted to the bar, coursework or prior practice in international commercial arbitration is preferred.
- starting on August and ending on October 2023
- Internships are strictly full-time (Monday to Friday, during normal business hours)
- Non-U.S. candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for the duration of the internship.
- SICANA, Inc. cannot grant scholarships.
- Stipends are available based on eligibility to work in the U.S
- Interns are responsible for arranging their travel and/or accommodation as well as the required medical insurance coverage for the duration of the internship.
This recruitment process will be on a rolling basis and will depend on the needs of the team.
Candidates should send the following information via email@example.com Paul.firstname.lastname@example.org:
- CV (maximum of two pages) focusing on experience relevant to the internship.
- A cover letter, describing in detail the arbitration/mediation classes taken and professional experience in relation to arbitration/mediation.
The subject line of the email should indicate “SICANA internship” and the internship period for which the application is being submitted.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
SICANA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and as such, prohibits discriminatory actions and treatment of applicants that are based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition, carrier status, political affiliation or belief. Decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. The foregoing should not be construed as an offer or guarantee of an internship.
If chosen for an internship, you must be able to provide us with the necessary documents that substantiate your ability to work in the US. Additionally, you must ensure that you have the necessary personal health insurance and third-party liability insurance (if you plan on driving a privately-owned vehicle) while an intern at SICANA. No such insurance coverage is offered by SICANA, Inc.