Internship opportunity, Regional Business Development (Abu Dhabi)
The Secretariat of the ICC International Court of Arbitration is currently looking for 2 students intern for our office in Abu Dhabi Global Market (UAE).
- 1 Intern for Regional Business Development Middle East
Term Application deadline Reference
Mid-October 2021 30 September 2021 Internship BD Abu Dhabi
The intern will have the opportunity to actively contribute to all the activities of the department in the following tasks:
- Help organize dispute resolution trainings, conferences, meeting (mostly virtual), in particular:
- Helping in the promotion
- Compiling background materials such as rules and reports for e-distribution during the events;
- Helping in the logistical preparation
- Monitoring the online registration system;
- coordinating the catering, room booking and other logistical aspects if in person
- Answer all registration related queries and troubleshoot registration related problems.
- Legal research and market research
- Preparation of PowerPoint presentations
- Reviewing and updating mock cases
- Be part of the ICC YAF activities and helping in monitoring activities
- Compile and analyse statistics
- Preference will be given to student with interest in both dispute resolution and marketing/communications
- A legal background is mostly recommended, notably in ADR issues.
- Fluent English and Arabic is a requirement.
- Attention to detail and a rigorous attitude to work.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams Meeting, Internet, Zoom and PDF; and knowledge of Live Event and registration platforms would be a plus.
Applications should be addressed in English only by email addressed to the Selection Committee (Attn: Claudia Pansa) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This should include:
- a short CV (one-page maximum focusing on the experience relevant to the Internship) and indicating your current studies (with expected graduation date)
- a cover letter (no model provided), describing in a detailed way which arbitration classes you followed and your experience(s) in relation to arbitration.
- Two referees’ names with their respective contact details (if possible one academic referee and one professional referee who supervised you directly)
- an academic writing sample in English ( e.g. submitted paper during university studies)