Innovation for All, Knowledge Solutions Department: internship
ICC is seeking a full-time intern/stagiaire to join the Knowledge Solutions Department in its Paris headquarters as of November 2020 for a period of 3-6 months.
The internship will be based in France and candidates who are not able to stay in France for the full period of the internship will not be considered.
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is seeking a full-time intern/stagiaire with a Convention de Stage (and for all non-EU residents, valid papers, i.e. long-stay student visa and/or carte de séjour, as well as health & corporate responsibility insurance coverage) to join the Knowledge Solutions Department in its Paris headquarters as of 29 March 2021 for a period of 3-6 months.
The intern will support the work of the ICC Commissions on Intellectual Property and Digital Economy, and special projects BASIS (Business Action to Support the Information Society) and BASCAP (Business Action to Stop Counterfeiting and Piracy). The intern will also assist in the development, preparation, implementation and communication of new and current projects and activities.
Responsibilities will include administrative and substantive tasks:
- Assisting the policy and advocacy team in their day-to-day administrative and substantive work
- Monitoring policy developments, supporting policy advocacy activities
- Preparing background documents
- Drafting of minutes and substantive meeting summaries
- Supporting communications and social media activities
- Assisting with ad hoc projects
- Be currently enrolled in a master programme (or equivalent) in political science, law, international relations, international management or related disciplines, and will continue to be enrolled during the period of the internship
- Fluent/native English speaker with solid English-writing skills, French is an advantage.
- Skills and comfort working with website back office updates, basic email newsletters and social media
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Prior logistics/event planning/communications experience desirable
- Mature mindset, self-motivated to be diligent, meticulous and timely in carrying out the required duties
- Competent time-management and organisational skills, experience managing competing priorities and wisdom to know when to ask
- Previous exposure to intellectual property issues and their interaction with digital technologies, supply chain issues and/or an interest in topics such as AI, internet governance, privacy and data protection, intermediary liability
- Someone comfortable making their contribution within a dynamic team and who finds an international environment part of the appeal
- Internships are remunerated according to French law. Internships are full-time. The average working week is 35 hours.
- A convention de stage established between ICC and the intern’s university or institute of origin is compulsory (French Act n° 2006-396 of 31 March 2006). An application without a memorandum of agreement (“convention de stage”) will not be considered
- The intern must have an appropriate insurance valid in France for any damage caused to a third party (third party liability insurance: “assurance responsabilité civile”) and a social insurance (illness, work accident…)
- Nationals from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland are required to get an appropriate visa from the French consulate.
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to Angèle Beauvois at: firstname.lastname@example.org before 12 March 2021.