ICC Trade Now internship
ICC is looking for an intern with a convention de stage (for all non-EU residents, valid papers: long-stay student visa and/or carte de séjour) to join the ICC Global Partnerships and Development team.
Place: Paris, France
Organisation: International Chamber of Commerce
Department: ICC – Global Partnerships and Development
Starting date: 1 September 2021
ICC is looking for an intern with a convention de stage (for all non-EU residents, valid papers: long-stay student visa and/or carte de séjour) to join the ICC Global Partnerships and Development team, starting from 1 September to 28 February 2022 (full time).
Applications without a ‘convention de stage’ and who are not available full time will not be considered.
ICC is the World Business Organization, enabling business to secure peace, prosperity and opportunity for all. We are the institutional representative of more than 45 million companies in over 100 countries with a mission to make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere.
Through a unique mix of advocacy, solutions and standard setting, we promote international trade, responsible business conduct and a global approach to regulation, in addition to providing market-leading dispute resolution services. Our members include many of the world’s leading companies, SMEs, business associations and local chambers of commerce.
For more information, click here.
As the global business organization, ICC is committed to taking bold action to ensure that Small and Medium Size Enterprises (SMEs) have adequate access to capital and can seize new business opportunities internationally. To advance this objective, the International Chamber of Commerce recently launched ICC Trade Now, a global campaign that will offer a platform connecting SMEs to innovative, digitally-enabled trade finance solutions. Through tailored partnerships with cutting edge solution providers, ICC Trade Now will help scale up and leverage game-changing products and services to tackle the global trade finance gap in all its breadth and complexity. The platform will ensure that SMEs gain access to cutting-edge solutions and unlock value through trade finance products and services. Partners under ICC Trade Now will join a growing community of innovative trade finance solution providers who are eager to collaborate and leverage synergies in order to advance ICC’s core mission of supporting the real economy.
- Contribute to the expansion, promotion and daily support of the ICC Trade Now global campaign, including:
- Research and map existing trade finance solution providers with a focus on innovative fintechs that are providing new tools and services to SMEs;
- Reach out to and engage with digitally-enabled trade finance solution providers that offer tailored and innovative solutions for SMEs with the objective of recruiting them to become members of the ICC Trade Now campaign.
- Provide support for the account management of active ICC Trade Now partners and the wider ICC Trade Now community in coordination with ICC’s regional network of National Committees and Chambers of Commerce, with the overarching objective of facilitating connections between trade finance providers and SMEs.
- Prepare newsletters and other specific news campaigns;
- Track and measure success of content efforts via reporting on analytics tools;
- Analyze and draw actionable insights from our ongoing SME survey and database expansion plan in an effort to advance the objectives of the Global Partnerships and Development department as well as those of the Knowledge Solutions department.
- Note that the intern can be asked, depending on the department’s needs, to support cross-cutting projects within both the Global Partnerships and Development department and the Knowledge Solutions department.
- The ideal candidate will have a university degree or equivalent, with a focus in economics, finance, business, international relations or another relevant field, with an interest in trade finance and the digital transformation of the financial sector (previous experience would be an advantage).
- The ideal candidate will be a fluent English speaker with strong writing and organizational skills, who is meticulous in carrying out the required duties. English is the working language, but French, Spanish as well as other languages are highly recommended.
- Candidates must have solid time management skills, excellent communication skills (written and oral), and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Comfortable with responsibility, motivated and strong IT skills are necessary to perform successfully in this position.
- The candidate should be a team player who is highly interested in gaining experience in an international environment with a dynamic globally focused team.
- Internships are remunerated according to French law. Internships are full-time. The average working week is 35 hours.
- A convention de stage established between ICC and the intern’s university or institute of origin is compulsory (French Act n° 2006-396 of 31 March 2006). An application without a memorandum of agreement (“convention de stage”) will not be considered.
- The intern must have an appropriate insurance valid in France for any damage caused to a third party (third party liability insurance: “assurance responsabilité civile”) and a social insurance (illness, work accident…)
- Nationals from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland are required to get an appropriate visa from the French consulate