Department: Knowledge Solutions
Reports to: Deputy Director and Knowledge Manager, Finance for Development
Starting date: October/November 2019 for a period of 4-6 months
The Finance for Development Knowledge Hub works to move financial investment to a long-term and sustainable trajectory. This Knowledge Hub will support ICC’s role as rule-maker for trade finance banking products, maintain a strong, permanent dialogue with regulators and supervising bodies, develop tools to support industry digitalisation, infrastructure, compliance, and provide a hub to address the needs of small- and medium-sized enterprises.
World trade is in large part dependent on the availability of reliable and cost-effective sources of financing. This means that banks and other financial institutions play a vital role in facilitating trade-led growth and development.
The ICC Finance for Development Knowledge Hub is seeking an intern to support the management of projects and production of its publications.
- Support the production and distribution of our market intelligence products, including the annual ICC Global Survey on Trade Finance and resulting report “Rethinking Trade & Finance”, and any additional quarterly reports.
- Support the management of the trade finance global risk assessment and analysis through the ICC Trade Register project – a world spanning data pool of risk information – in partnership with +25 tier-one banks and the consultants assigned to it. Support the development of model guidelines on sustainable trade finance/export finance
- Self-motivated individual with a proven ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Good interpersonal skills, with a diplomatic approach;
- Confidence in liaising with a range of stakeholders – individuals and organizations;
- Attention to detail and rigor, at ease with administrative support tasks;
- Ability to prepare correspondence and draft content for communications and marketing purposes;
- Ease with a range of computer software programmes, in particular Excel and other applications for data processing or databases;
- Familiarity with research and processing information on trade, finance for trade and banking is a plus.
The working language is English. Proficiency in French and any other languages are favorable.
- Internships are remunerated according to French law. Internships are full-time. The average working week is 35 hours.
- A convention de stage established between ICC and the candidate’s university or institute of origin is compulsory (French Act n° 2006-396 of 31 March 2006). An application without a memorandum of agreement (“convention de stage”) will not be considered
- The intern must have an appropriate insurance valid in France for any damage caused to a third party (third party liability insurance: “assurance responsabilité civile”) and a social insurance (illness, work accident…)
- Nationals from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland are required to get an appropriate visa from the French consulate.
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to Laura Straube by 10 September 2019.