ICC Commission on Digital Economy-BASIS: Internship
We are seeking an intern who can join the ICC Digital Economy Commission and ICC’s Business Action to Support the Information Society as of 7 May 2018.
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Commission on the Digital Economy and its BASIS (Business Action to Support the Information Society) initiative are seeking an intern/stagiaire with a convention de stage to join our close-knit team in its Paris headquarters as of 7 May 2018 for a minimum period of 3 months (with a possible extension for up to 6 months).
The intern will assist in the development, preparation, implementation and communication of new and current Digital Economy and BASIS projects and activities.
Responsibilities will include administrative and substantive tasks:
- Assisting the policy and advocacy team in their day-to-day administrative and substantive work
- Helping to prepare the bi-annual Digital Economy Commission meeting
- Supporting BASIS policy advocacy in a range of meetings including BASIS participation in the Internet Governance Forum (IGF)
- Drafting of minutes and substantive meeting summaries for Digital Economy Commission/BASIS members
- Supporting communications activities of the team
- Research into background themes and news items on Digital Economy Commission/BASIS-related topics
- ICC website and social media updates and maintenance
- Assistance with ad hoc projects
- Be currently enrolled in a master programme (or equivalent) in political science, law, international relations, international management or related disciplines, and will continue to be enrolled during the period of the internship
- Fluent/native English speaker with solid English-writing skills, French is an advantage
- Skills and comfort working with website back office updates, basic email newsletters and social media
- Prior logistics/event planning/communications experience desirable
- Mature mindset, self-motivated to be diligent, meticulous and timely in carrying out the required duties
- Competent time-management and organizational skills, experience managing competing priorities and wisdom to know when to ask
- Previous exposure to Internet and telecoms issues and/or an interest in topics such as privacy and data protection, digital rights management, cybersecurity or related ICT-policy issues
- Someone comfortable making their contribution within a dynamic team and who finds an international environment part of the appeal
- Internships are remunerated according to French law. Internships are full-time. The average working week is 35 hours.
- A convention de stage established between ICC and the intern’s university or institute of origin is compulsory (French Act n° 2006-396 of 31 March 2006). An application without a memorandum of agreement (“convention de stage”) will not be considered
- The intern must have an appropriate insurance valid in France for any damage caused to a third party (third party liability insurance: “assurance responsabilité civile”) and a social insurance (illness, work accident, etc.)
- Nationals from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland are required to get an appropriate visa from the French consulate.
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to Melody Bauer at: Melody.BAUER@iccwbo.org by 13 April 2018