Banking Commission: Internship
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is seeking an intern/stagiaire to support the work of the ICC Banking Commission, as of June 2019 for a period of 6 months with the possibility of renewal.
Please note that all candidates must be enrolled in an academic institution and must provide a “convention de stage”. Also, non-EU residents are required to have valid papers (long-stay student visa and/or carte de séjour).
In conjunction with the Project Manager, the intern will be responsible for completing the following tasks:
- The intern’s main responsibilities will be the organization of the Technical Meeting and the Annual Meeting.
- Coordination of website and promotional materials (agenda, flyers, banners, emailing, newsletters, social media…)
- Coordination with media and institutional partners
- Assist with logistical planning ahead of the meeting
- Assist the development, preparation and implementation of marketing activities for the Commission Meetings – including website, promotional campaign, marketing materials, programme, press releases, and post-event report
- Assist with registrations and follow-ups with participants
- Assist participants with general inquiries
- General administrative support
Skills and abilities
- Confidence in liaising with a range of stakeholders – individuals and organisations
- Self-motivated individual with a proven ability to work on their own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills, with a diplomatic approach
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Know how to deal with stress and being multitask
- Proven skills in research, experience in detail-oriented tasks, established experience in document and invitation writing, client consultation and correspondence preparations
- Skills in event management and logistics
- Website administrative experience, as well as familiarity with a range of computer software programmes and applications
Familiarity or confidence with design and marketing
•Interest and/or general knowledge in banking, finance, trade finance
•The intern should be fluent in English. The knowledge of French or another language would be an advantage.
- Internships are remunerated according to French law. Internships are full-time.The average working week is 35 hours.
- A convention de stage established between ICC and the intern’s university or institute of origin is compulsory (French Act n° 2006-396 of 31 March 2006). An application without a memorandum of agreement (“convention de stage”)will not be considered
- The intern must have appropriate insurance valid in France for any damage caused to a third party (third party liability insurance: “assurance responsabilité civile”) and a social insurance (illness, work accident…)
- Nationals from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland are required to get an appropriate visa from the French consulate.
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to Laura Straube at email@example.com before 24 May 2019.