ICC ARBITRATION AND ADR PROMOTION DEPARTMENT: TRAINEESHIP
The Department for Arbitration and ADR Promotion is looking for and intern for a period of 6 months, starting from February 2021.
Arbitration and ADR (Alternate Dispute Resolution) Promotion:
The Arbitration and ADR Promotion team promotes the DRS services globally ensuring worldwide visibility. The promotion team coordinates the activities and events organized by the Regional Directors and the National Committees, as well as those of the YAF (Young Arbitrators’ Forum). The team is in charge of educational events, such as visits to the ICC Court, specific trainings and seminars, and the organization of student pre-moots and moots.
Tasks and Activities:
Under the supervision of the Senior Promotion Manager, the intern will assist with the promotion of ICC arbitration and ADR activities worldwide.
The intern will have the opportunity to actively contribute to all the activities of the department in the following tasks:
- Help organize trainings, conferences, meetings, competitions, moots and visits, in particular taking care of the logistical aspects:
- preparing participant badges and name plates;
- compiling promotional materials such as rules and reports for distribution during the events;
- welcoming the participants and help at the registration desk for events at the ICC and at external venues if required;
- preparing invoices and payment requests;
- monitoring the online registration system;
- coordinating the catering, room booking and other logistical aspects; and
- Help organize virtual events, visits and meetings via Microsoft Teams Meetings/Live Events or Zoom. Ability to moderate meetings/virtual visits remotely;
- Answer all registration related queries and troubleshoot registration related problems.
- Organise shipments of promotional materials for events outside ICC;
- Proofread texts of events pages before they are sent to the webmaster for uploading on the website; following up with the updates/changes
- Reply to general queries arriving to the general mailboxes and help maintain the electronic filing;
- Help with the update of the calendar of ICC DRS activities worldwide;
- Compile statistics on the promotional activities of the department.
A student with interest in marketing/communications and/or experience in organizing events is preferred. A legal background is not necessary but can be useful. The intern will work in English and French and should ideally have oral and written skills in both languages. Strong attention to detail and a rigorous attitude to work is necessary.
Strong knowledge of computer tools are mandatory (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams Meeting, Live Event, Internet, Zoom, PDF, registration platforms).
The candidate needs to still be registered as a student during the time of the internship. Recent graduates who are not anymore enrolled in an educational program are therefore not eligible for an internship at the ICC. He/she (if national from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland) should get an appropriate visa from a French consulate.
Interns in Paris will receive an allowance. However interns are required to handle and pay for their own travel and accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. Unfortunately scholarship cannot be granted by the ICC.
Internship is full-time (however a few hours’ classes during the week are accepted). The average working week is 35 hours.
Applications should be addressed in English by email to Mrs. Stephanie Goubelle, Senior Manager, Arbitration and ADR Promotion: email@example.com by 11 January 2021.
This should include:
- a short CV (two pages maximum focusing on the experience relevant to the internship) and indicating clearly the status of current studies (with expected graduation date)
- a cover letter (no model provided), showing interest and motivation for this particular internship. Please, indicate clearly your availability.
If you don’t receive any failure message, it means that your message was successfully sent.