Global Partnerships and development department: Traineeship
The Department for Global Partnerships and Development is looking for an intern for a period of 6 months, starting from October 2020.
The ICC Global Partnerships and Development department has been leading projects related to the digitization of global trade and business, entrepreneurship, reskilling, and the green economy recovery, with ICC’s network of more than 45 million businesses from MSMEs to multinational corporations.
The department works to build strategic alliances with corporations, governments, and multilateral institutions to make business work for everyone, every day, everywhere.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Director of Global Partnerships and Development, the intern will assist with various aspects of ICC’s global partnerships and development.
The intern will have the opportunity to actively contribute to all the activities of the department including the following tasks:
- Background research for partnerships, support the interlocution with multilateral organisations and the global business
- Assist in the various aspects of the organization of meetings and when needed, events
- Preparation of documents such as letters, evaluation forms, etc.
- Drafting of meeting summaries
- Carry out any other related duties required to ensure the smooth functioning of the team
A student with interest in marketing/business development and/or experience in organizing events is preferred. The intern will work in English and French and should ideally have oral and written skills in both languages. Strong attention to detail and a rigorous attitude to work is necessary.
The candidate needs to still be registered as a student during the time of the internship. Recent graduates who are not anymore enrolled in an educational program are therefore not eligible for an internship at the ICC. He/she (if national from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland) should get an appropriate visa from a French consulate.
Interns in Paris will receive an allowance. However interns are required to handle and pay for their own travel and accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. Unfortunately scholarship cannot be granted by the ICC.
Internship is full-time (however a few hours’ classes during the week are accepted). The average working week is 35 hours.
Applications should be addressed in English by email before 15 September 2020 to Catherine Foster, Senior Manager, Global Events, ICC Global Partnerships and Development at email@example.com.
This should include:
- a short CV (two pages maximum focusing on the experience relevant to the internship) and indicating clearly the status of current studies (with expected graduation date)
- a cover letter (no model provided), showing interest and motivation for this particular internship. Please, indicate clearly your availability.