Global Events internship for the 18th ICC International Commercial Mediation Competition
Under the supervision of the Project Manager and as part of the ICC Global Events team, the main responsibilities of the intern will be to assist with the organisation and management of the 18th ICC Mediation Competition which will take place in February 2023.
Date: end September 2022 – end March 2023
The intern will be based at ICC’s headquarters in Paris, France
The ICC Mediation Competition – part of ICC Mediation Week (#ICCMW) – is ICC’s largest educational event of the year. It is the biggest international moot worldwide dedicated exclusively to international commercial mediation and brings together 500+ participants including professional mediators, academics and students. The Competition offers 100+ mock mediation sessions, training sessions, a Professional Roundtable and numerous social events across seven days.
Announcement Special Awards, 2020
Under the supervision of the Project Manager and as part of the ICC Global Events team, the main responsibilities of the intern will be to assist with the organisation and management of the 18th ICC Mediation Competition which will take place in February 2023. Daily tasks will include: handling the payment of registration fees and online registrations, liaising with the accounting department, daily correspondence and customer service provided to participants (students, university Professors and high-level professionals), preparing complex schedules (of sessions, volunteers etc.), preparation of promotional emailings, preparation of meetings and trainings, managing the event platform and more generally assisting with all logistics of the Competition and other events and projects for the ICC Global Events department. The intern will not work on case management.
What we are looking for
- proven experience in organising large-scale events or projects
- ability to work under high pressure
- very good management of priorities
- takes initiative and can solve problems easily
- excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- customer service skills
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- demonstrated attention to details
- enthusiasm and knowledge of mediation and other forms of ADR
- native English speaker or equivalent, and preferably working knowledge of French
- advanced computer skills (MS suite and excel)
- excellent communication skills
Mock mediation session
Team and interns
- participation in the organisation of ICC’s largest educational event
- involvement in the biggest competition worldwide entirely dedicated to international commercial mediation
- an internship in a global organisation and a truly international environment
- a hands-on experience in a complex large-scale project with real learning opportunities
- direct contact with the leading professionals in ADR
- direct contact with representatives of companies, law firms, consultancy firms and business schools leading in the field of ADR
- opportunity to meet and socialise with other interns from around the world
- possibility to gain insight into the work of the International Centre for ADR, the International Court of Arbitration and other ICC departments.
The candidate needs to be registered as a student during the time of their internship. Recent graduates (who are no longer enrolled in an educational programme) are not eligible for an internship with ICC.
Nationals from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland should get the appropriate visa from the French consulate. Interns are also required to handle their own travel/accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. ICC is not in a position to provide scholarships.
The internship is full-time and the average working week is 35 hours (however a limited number of classes during the week can be accepted). The intern will be expected to be onsite during the week of the ICC Mediation Competition.
The intern will receive a monthly salary of approximately 500 EUR + meal vouchers + partial compensation of public transport travel card.
Please send your application including your CV and a cover letter in English as well as the names of at least two references on or before Friday 24 July 2022 to email@example.com.