Educational Services Team Internship – New York
As a leading international arbitral institution, the ICC International Court of Arbitration attracts a growing caseload from all over the world. SICANA Inc., the provider of ICC arbitration and ADR services in North America, is currently accepting intern applications.
SICANA, Inc. provides ICC arbitration and other ICC dispute resolution services in North America.
We are currently seeking an intern for the Educational Services (“ES”) Team based in New York, NY (U.S.A). The internship is for a period of three months starting on July 1, 2021 and ending on September 30, 2021.
Under the supervision of the Regional Director for North America, the intern will assist with the promotion of ICC arbitration and other ICC dispute resolution services in the United States and Canada.
- drafting marketing materials for outreach activities and performing research for company and law firm meetings, events, presentations and publications;
- assisting with the launch of the ICC Advanced Arbitration Academy in North America and the 16th ICC New York Conference on International Arbitration; and
- assisting with other tasks related to educational events, trainings, conferences, presentations and general office administration.
- For students (e. J.D. candidates or LL.M. candidates) or those recently admitted to the bar, coursework or prior practice in international arbitration is required.
- Prior experience in marketing/communications and event organization is preferred.
- The internship is full-time and currently remote (Monday to Friday, during normal business hours).
- Non-U.S. candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for the duration of the internship.
- SICANA, Inc. cannot grant scholarships.
- Internships are unremunerated and interns are responsible for arranging their travel and/or accommodation as well as the required medical insurance coverage for the duration of the internship.
Candidates should send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- CV (maximum of two pages) focusing on experience relevant to the internship; and
- A cover letter, describing in detail your experience in marketing/communications, event organization and international arbitration.
Apply by June 10, 2021. The subject line of the email should indicate “SICANA ES Internship”. Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
SICANA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and as such, prohibits discriminatory actions and treatment of applicants that are based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition, carrier status, political affiliation, or belief. Decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. The foregoing should not be construed as an offer or guarantee of an internship.
If chosen for an internship, you must be able to provide us with the necessary documents that substantiate your ability to work in the US. Additionally, you must ensure that you have the necessary personal health insurance and third-party liability insurance (if you plan on driving a privately-owned vehicle) while an intern at SICANA. No such insurance coverage is offered by SICANA, Inc.